Bunker Hunters Tour
Open University Geological Society
6th of October
Join our researchers Phil & Kimberley on a full day tour of WWII bunkers & their own research sites, all of which are not usually open to the public. They will show you how Jersey was made into an impregnable fortress & help you appreciate what the Third Reich was able to create with slave labour. The tour is also a perfect compliment to understanding the history of the D-Day invasion, which took place less than 30 miles away. Tours need to be pre-booked & early booking recommended.
- Private tour of key military sites
- Visit Artillery Batteries, Bunkers and Tunnels not open to the general public.
- Digital media used to help explain how the sites were built and used in WWII
- The private tour enables you to have input in your itinerary and guarantees more individualised attention from your guides
Why Choose This Tour?
We want you to have a fantastic experience so please bear these in mind when preparing for your tour
- There is no better way to learn about the occupation of Jersey during the second world war than on this private tour.
- Our guides work for Jersey War Tours and are professional researchers maintaining our website
- We aim to give you an experience that you won't forget!
- We pack the day tour with multiple sites that are not easy to find or visit
- The weather can be unpredictable in Jersey so dress in layers
- There is a moderate amount of walking involved so please wear comfortable shoes
- The tour will be run no matter the weather so please make sure you are dressed appropriately
As this is a private tour, we can adjust the itinerary to suit your requirements. Please let us know in advance if there is anything else you would prefer to visit.