Occupation Heroes - Full Day Tour
Available Saturday and Sundays £80 per person
Gain fascinating and often poignant insight into the dramatic occupation of Jersey on a private tour. Accompanied by expert WWII guides we will visit sites and talk you through some of the lesser known stories from heroes of the Occupation.
We will cover the following stories during the day
Bernard Scheidhauer of 131 Squadron (Free French Air Forces), who crash-lands on JerseyCaptain Philip Ayton and Operation Hardtack 28
the only Allied incursion of Jersey.
Louisa Gould & her family who help hide Russian slave worker Bill.
Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron 34 and the loss of PT509
We will follow the footsteps of Captain Ed Clark and Lieutenant George Haas who escape the German POW camp in St Helier.
The Granville Raid and the Allied captured by the Germans and brought back to the Island as POW's
- Private tour of key Occupation sites
- We share our research with you using digital media
- Our tours are fully interactive so you can ask the guides as many questions as you like
- Pick up will be at 10:00 and you will be returned to the pick up location for 16:00
Why Choose This Tour?
- Our guides work for Jersey War Tours and are professional researchers maintaining our website
- We aim to give you an experience that you won't forget!
- JWT pack the day tour with multiple sites that are not easy to find or visit
We want you to have a fantastic experience so please bear these in mind when preparing for your tour:
- Small group numbers providing a truly custom experience (larger group sizes available on request)
The weather can be unpredictable in Jersey so dress in layers
There is a moderate amount of walking involved so please wear comfortable shoes
The tour will be run no matter the weather so please make sure you are dressed appropriately
As this is a private tour, we can adjust the itinerary to suit your requirements. Please let us know in advance if there is anything else you would prefer to visit.
Group prices available on request